Founded in 2014 as a non-profit making association, Mediterranean Gardening France brings together all who are interested in Mediterranean plants, gardens and gardening both in France and elsewhere. We organise activities throughout Mediterranean France from the Pyrénées to the Côte d’Azur, as well as outside of France.
- To provide opportunities for members to meet other enthusiastic gardeners in a convivial atmosphere to share information about waterwise and wildlife friendly gardening using plants compatible with a Mediterranean climate.
- To promote the philosophy of waterwise gardening through garden visits, lectures, links with schools, the horticultural profession and academic groups, participation in plant fairs and the provision of a website accessible to all.
- To create links and share projects with like-minded organisations throughout the world.
Programme of Events / Membership
To join, click here. Subscriptions: 1 year: 10€ 3 years: 25€
Benefits of Membership
- Organised visits to public and private gardens in France, lectures, workshops and botanical walks.
- The opportunity to share experiences of gardening in a Mediterranean climate with other members, both locally and internationally.
- The opportunity to borrow books from the MGF library in Montpellier.
- Exchanges of plants and seeds with other members.
- An advice service on Mediterranean gardening and plants.
- The opportunity to visit MGF members’ gardens in France, by appointment.
- The MGF website where you can contribute articles and information on plants and gardening.
- Links with like-minded societies in other countries which offer visits to gardens, conferences and events to MGF members (see box).
Our Partners (click to expand)